Friday, January 8, 2010

Resume

I was at a job developer's meeting where Rosanna Indie was the guest speaker.
If you have the chance to attend an event where she will be speaking, I highly
recommend that you go.  One thing she said about resumes is that the top three
to four inches of the resume is "prime real estate."  What she meant was, use
that space to really highlight your skills because it may be the only part of your
resume that gets looked at.  You really have to sell yourself there.  In that space
on my resume I list five sentences about what I would bring to an organization
- using my accomplishments to do so.  There are a variety of good ways to use
 that space, just remember to use it wisely and creatively!

Here is a great video to get you started on thinking about what you want your
resume to say:

Video on Sales, Marketing and the Writing of a Resume

Once again I am using a link to Susan Ireland's site.  She wrote the book
"The Complete Idiot's Guide to the Perfect Resume."   90 Sample Resumes

No comments:

Post a Comment